sports / Multi Use Games Areas (MUGA)
Here at ETC Sports we are a leading sports pitch construction company that specialise in the design, installation and maintenance of Multi-Use Games Areas (MUGAs).
Multi-Use Games Areas have become a common feature in schools, academies, colleges, universities and public parks and play spaces. The MUGA pitch is a cost-effective solution that meets a wide range of sporting demands for facilities that are restricted by space and budget with one MUGA surface being used to play up to four different sports.
MULTI USE GAMES AREA DESIGN
There are five variations of MUGA Pitch, each with different characteristics to suit your sporting requirements. Type 1 is an open textured porous macadam area for rebound sports, primarily used as a tennis court; Type 2 is built with netball as the priority sport; Type 3 is a polymeric surfaced area where netball is also the priority sport; Type 4, also a polymeric surface is used for five-a-side football, basketball and general sports training and play; and Type 5 is a synthetic turf used for sports such as hockey, football and training areas for athletics and rugby.
With many MUGA surface options available, we understand that choosing the correct surface can be challenging. At ETC Sports Surfaces we believe that initial assessment and planning is extremely important to ensure that you gain maximum potential from your MUGA sports pitch.
Please contact us and we will be happy to provide a free consultation, site-visit and quotation.
MUGA PITCH CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
At ETC Sports Surfaces we offer the following MUGA construction services:
- Macadam surfaces, typically used on around 80% of all tennis courts in the UK
- Polymeric Surfaces, offering natural shock absorption
- Synthetic Turf Surfaces, offer good durability and performance in extreme wear conditions
- Shockpad layers within the MUGA surface to create defined playing characteristics for specific sports
- Construction of MUGA pitches suitable for wheelchair sports
- MUGA maintenance for Artificial Sand Multi-Use Games Areas and All Weather macadam Multi-Use Games Areas
- Floodlighting for Multi-Use Games Areas (MUGAs) for increased use of facilities
- MUGA fencing options, including recommended durability weldmesh cladding with rebound boards or perimeter kickboards