The Many Benefits of a MUGA Playing Surface for Schools
MUGA (Multi Use Games Area) surfaces are rapidly growing in popularity and are becoming an ever more common feature in schools, colleges and universities; public parks and academies not only across the UK, but around the world. Here is why these surfaces are so very popular for educational and public sports areas.
MUGA Playing Surface Types
There are several different types of MUGA surface, each suitable for a number of different sports:
- Type 1 – Primarily tennis, secondary options include mini-tennis, netball & basketball; wheelchair sports
- Type 2 – Primarily netball, secondary options include basketball, tennis and mini-tennis; wheelchair sports
- Type 3 – Primarily netball, secondary options include basketball, tennis and mini-tennis; wheelchair sports
- Type 4 – Basketball, 5-a-side football and general sports; recreational training & play
- Type 5 – Football, 5-a-side football and American football; hockey, uni-hockey and lacrosse; athletics and rugby union/league training
Benefits of a MUGA Playing Surface for Schools
When it comes to the provision of sports areas/surfaces, schools are often limited in terms of both space and budget. MUGA surfaces make it possible to provide facilities for multiple sports even where space and available funds are at a premium. Designed to provide optimal playing properties and protection against injuries, they are also hard-wearing, long-lasting and easy to maintain (further reducing costs for schools). What’s more, their suitability for multiple sports make it possible for schools to generate additional income by hiring the surface/pitch out to local clubs/organisations or other schools.
To learn more about types/sizes and properties of MUGA playing surfaces, contact us today on Tel.: 01621 85 86 86; Fax: 01621 85 26 26 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of experienced, helpful experts will be happy to answer your questions and advise you on the most suitable, most cost-effective MUGA surface solution for your school’s specific needs.