sports / All Weather Pitches
ETC Sports Surfaces are leading artificial grass suppliers with extensive experience in providing all-weather sports surfaces to schools and higher education establishments, sports centres, clubs and training facilities. All weather pitches have become increasingly in demand. They can provide you with an excellent sporting facility and state of art surface for players of all abilities, which can be used all year round, no matter what the weather.
A common question asked by schools and sports facilities is what differentiates an all-weather pitch from a Multi-Use Games Area. The answer is simply a rule of size. Generally the term ‘all-weather pitch’ applies to sports surfaces that are 3000sq/m or larger. If you are unsure of your facility size and / or surface requirements, please contact us to arrange a free consultation and site-visit.
ALL WEATHER SPORTS PITCHES
In addition to surface size, there are six major types of artificial grass surface to consider, including Non-Filled, Water-Based, Sand-Filled, Sand-Dressed, Rubber / Sand-Filled Long Pile Turf (3rd Generation or 3G) and Needle Punch Carpets. The most suitable all weather surface for your facility will depend on factors, such as facility size, sporting requirements and pitch specifications.
We also believe that initial assessment and planning is crucial to ensure your artificial pitch meets your budget, expectations and requirements. Here at ETC Sports Surfaces we understand that deciding on the right surface can be something of a conundrum, which is why our knowledgeable sports pitch contractors are on hand to help you.
ALL WEATHER PITCH CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
At ETC Sports Surfaces we offer the following all weather pitch construction services:
- Non-Filled artificial grass surfaces
- Water-Based artificial grass pitches, often referred to as ‘wet fields’ or ‘water-based pitches’, mainly used for hockey
- Sand-Filled artificial pitches, a more cost-effective alternative to non-filled surfaces
- Sand-Dressed hockey pitch construction
- 3G Pitch construction, with surface characteristics similar to natural grass
- Needle Punch Carpets, offering excellent playing characteristics and durability
- Pitch Fencing for all-weather sports surfaces, for retrieval of equipment, safety of spectators and facility security
- Pitch Floodlighting for your all weather sports surface or 3G pitch construction
- All weather sports pitch maintenance, repair and refurbishment